Apr 12, 2006

Wanting Changes?

Welcome to Flo's Business & Fun Blog...

Today's article is about wanting to change the world! I find that many people has visions to change things. I myself would like to change many things to improve what is going on with today's society! Do You want to change things?? Then take a moment to read Michael's article about changing the world...

Quote of the Day
Be the change you want to see in the world.
- Mahatma Gandhi -

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
Before You Go Out to Change the World,
Be Sure You Put Your House in Order

by - Michael Angier , founder and CIO
www.SuccessNet.org
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

I run into a number of people who tell me they want to make a lasting difference in the world.

Some of them have grandiose plans on how they'll change the world. Others don't have any idea how they will make a big impact on the world--they just know that they will.

It's a worthy goal, and I certainly don't want to throw cold water on anybody's dream.

But I find that many of these people, who have such a grand vision of things, have lives in disorder. They have things close at hand that will prevent them from doing the big things. Oftentimes, their financial house, their physical house and/or their personal relationships are in great disorder.

For me, I know that I wasn't able to make much of an impact on the world at large until I was able to get my own life handled. I had to become master of small things before I could master big things.

One of my favorite quotes was written by a monk in 1100.

"When I was a young man, I wanted to change the world. I found it was difficult to change the world, so I tried to change my nation. When I found I couldn't change the nation, I began to focus on my town. I couldn't change the town and as an older man, I tried to change my family.

Now, as an old man, I realize the only thing I can change is myself, and suddenly I realize that if long ago I had changed myself, I could have made an impact on my family. My family and I could have made an impact on our town. Their impact could have changed the nation and I could indeed have changed the world."

Action Point
For those of us who want to make a difference in the world, it's important we remember what Bucky Fuller said, "Think globally, but act locally."

Take care of things close at hand, and you'll be in a much better position to make a profound difference on humanity.

Related Article:
Top Ten Things to Think About If You Want to Change the World
SuccessNet.org/articles/angier-TTchangetheworld.htm

-=-
Copyright Michael Angier & Success Networks International.
Used with Permission.

Michael Angier is the founder and president of SuccessNet. Their mission is to inform, inspire and empower people to be their best--personally and professionally.

Download their free eBooklet, 10 ESSENTIAL KEYS TO PERSONAL EFFECTIVENESS from www.SuccessNet.org/keys.htm or by sending a blank email to keys@SuccessNet.org.

More free subscriptions, books and SuccessMark Cards are available at www.SuccessNet.org.
-=-

Have yourself a Super Wednesday!

No comments: